Come join us and make a difference in Marion County politics!
Scroll down to fill out form to submit with interests.
We have the following volunteer options available:
- Canvasser. Go door-to-door in various neighborhoods passing out Democrat and candidate literature.
- Phone Caller. Work on phone banks calling voters to encourage them to vote in the election.
- Hispanic Outreach Lead. Organize Hispanic outreach activities/events in the county.
- Hispanic Outreach Assistant. Help us reach Hispanic voters in the county through direct contact (door-to-door canvassing, phone calling, voter registration events) and translation of materials for digital communications. Fluency in Spanish is ideal, but not a requirement to help.
- Precinct Captain. Engage with people in your precinct to inform, encourage, and support voting. Precinct Captains have the most important job in the party.
- Meeting Tech Assistant. Set up equipment in the office for monthly hybrid (part-live, part-virtual) meetings, serve as Zoom host, test future equipment changes.
- Graphic Design Assistant. Crop/resize/optimize photos for the web, create graphics in Canva or other design tool to go along with social media posts, design flyers and informational materials, assist with branding and creating a brand kit in Canva.
- Social Media Assistant. Post info on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; create graphics in Canva or other design tool(s) to go along with posts; schedule posts based on best timing; report on analytics.
- Web Content Assistant. Keep content on website updated, add photos and event information, do regular website backups. Must know WordPress well.
- Office Assistant. Answer phones, print materials, assist with computer tasks and miscellaneous office tasks. Must have basic computer skills.
- Fundraising Lead. Plan major gifts campaigns, increase our sustaining donor program, and find sponsorships and newsletter advertisers.
- Intern Lead. Develop an internship program for college volunteers to assist us with various tasks—especially communications—for college credit.
- Database Analyst. Learn the capabilities of VAN/Votebuilder for data mining, detect developing trends in our Marion County voter base to help target events and voter-oriented activities. This type of data analysis was a key element in the development of Stacey Abrams’ strategy.
- Data Assistant. Use the VAN/Votebuilder system to improve and maintain the accuracy of our voter and volunteer database.
Please contact us via the email form below if you’re interested in one or more of these positions.