Come join us and make a difference in Marion County politics!
We have the following volunteer options available:
- Precinct Captains. Engage with people in your precinct to inform, encourage, and support voting. Precinct Captains have the most important job in the party.
- Precinct Captain Assistants. Help track, train, and recruit Precinct Captains (PC); develop precinct activities to engage voters; and provide PCs with voter data from our VAN/Votebuilder database.
- Event Posting Lead. Use Mobilize, the Florida Democratic Party’s registration app, to publish upcoming local events. Training provided.
- Events Lead. Scan the county for events where it would be appropriate for us to hold voter information/registration.
- Assistant Database Analysts. Learn the capabilities of VAN/Votebuilder for data mining, detect developing trends in our Marion County voter base to help target events and voter-oriented activities. This type of data analysis was a key element in the development of Stacey Abrams’ strategy.
- Voter Registration (VR) and Precinct Captain (PC) Trainers. Train new volunteers as trainers of PCs as well as volunteers who will be involved in VR events. A 1-hour training class (which can be virtual) will be provided.
- Office Technology Consultants. Determine the future needs (additional/new equipment) and make recommendations for technology/communications (including the telephone infrastructure) for the DEC office.
- Hispanic Outreach Assistants. Help us reach Hispanic voters in the county through direct contact (door-to-door canvassing, phone calling, voter registration events) and translation of materials for digital communications. Fluency in Spanish is ideal, but not a requirement to help.
- Graphic Design/Video Assistant. Crop/resize/optimize photos for the web, create occasional graphics in Canva or other design tool to go along with posts, and shoot and edit video (livestreams, virtual interviews, etc.)
- Marketing Chair. Manage a committee to plan dinners, major gifts campaigns, sustaining donations, and sponsorships.
Please contact us via the email form below if you’re interested in one or more of these positions.