Come join us and make a difference in Marion County politics!
We have the following volunteer options available:
- Precinct Captains. Engage with people in your precinct to inform, encourage, and support voting. Precinct Captains have the most important job in the party.
- Fundraising Lead. Manage a committee to plan dinners, major gifts campaigns, sustaining donations, and sponsorships.
- Hispanic Outreach Lead. Organize Hispanic outreach activities/events in the county.
- Hispanic Outreach Assistants. Help us reach Hispanic voters in the county through direct contact (door-to-door canvassing, phone calling, voter registration events) and translation of materials for digital communications. Fluency in Spanish is ideal, but not a requirement to help.
- Event Posting Lead. Use Mobilize, the Florida Democratic Party’s registration app, to publish upcoming local events. Training provided.
- Events Lead. Scan the county for events where it would be appropriate for us to hold voter information/registration.
- Database Analyst. Learn the capabilities of VAN/Votebuilder for data mining, detect developing trends in our Marion County voter base to help target events and voter-oriented activities. This type of data analysis was a key element in the development of Stacey Abrams’ strategy.
- Data Assistants. Use the VAN/Votebuilder system to improve and maintain the accuracy of our voter and volunteer database.
- Office Technology Consultant. Determine the future needs (additional/new equipment) and make recommendations for technology/communications (including the telephone infrastructure) for the DEC office.
- Graphic Design/Video Assistant. Crop/resize/optimize photos for the web, create occasional graphics in Canva or other design tool to go along with posts, and shoot and edit video (livestreams, virtual interviews, etc.)
Please contact us via the email form below if you’re interested in one or more of these positions.