Ocala Social Security Office: https://www.ssa.gov
How to Apply for a New or Replacement Social Security Card
You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.
You can use a my Social Security account to request a replacement Social Security card online if all of the following apply:
- You are a U.S. citizen 18 years or older with a U.S. mailing address
- You are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card
- You have a driver’s license or state-issued identification card from one of the many participating states or the District of Columbia.
If your driver’s license or state-issued identification card was issued by one of the states listed below, this service is not yet available. If your state appears on this list, please check back. We are working to make this service available to additional states.
- New Hampshire
- West Virginia
This service is also not yet available if your driver’s license or identification card was issued by a U.S. territory (such as American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands).
If you cannot apply for a card online, you will need to show the required documents. We need to see different documents depending on your citizenship and the type of card you are requesting. See Learn What Documents You Need to find out what documents you will have to show. Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and take or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office. Find Your Local Office
How to Change or Correct Your Name on Your Social Security Card
If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. You cannot apply for a card online. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.
To get a corrected Social Security card you will need to do the following:
- Show the required documents. You will need proof of your identity. Sometimes you also may need to prove your current U.S. citizenship or lawful noncitizen status. See Learn What Documents You Need for more information. Under the heading, “Type of Card”, select “Corrected” for a list of the documents you may need.
- Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card
- Take or mail your application and documents to your Local Social Security Office.
For complete instructions, please go to Need to Change Your Name on Your Social Security Card?
For more information, read Social Security Number and Card.