First Time Voters in the State of Florida
If you are registering by mail, you have never voted in Florida, and you have not been issued a Florida drivers license, Florida Identification card or Social Security card, you will be required to provide additional identification prior to voting the first time.
To ensure that you will not have problems when you go to vote, you should provide a copy of the required identification listed below at the time you mail your voter registration application.
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- Debit/Credit Card
- Student ID
- Public Assistance ID
- Retirement Center ID
- A license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s 790.06
- Veteran Health ID card issued by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Employee ID card issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the U. S. Government, the State, a county or municipality.
Or you may provide a current and valid copy of one of the following documents that contain your name and current resident address:
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Government Check
- Paycheck or other Government Document
Or if you are one of the following persons, you are exempt from having to provide a copy of an ID at this time. These exemptions are:
- 65 Years of Age or older
- Persons with a temporary or permanent disability
- Members of the active uniformed service or merchant marine who, by reason of such active duty, are absent from the country
- Persons currently residing outside the U.S. who are eligible to vote in Florida.